Everything there is to know about
Michael Jerome Phillips
is was a reasonable representation or approximation of my typical daily appearance. I've changed things up just a wee bit, and now my name is Hannah.
- I was born in 1960. I have not yet died.
- As a youth I worked in printing plants, construction, demolition and house painting.
- Since 1996 I have worked for Internet companies. Soon you will too.
- I am 6 feet tall in heels. Barefoot I am 5' 9".
- My partner is an artist.
- After 35 years in Los Angeles I moved to Joshua Tree. I hope to stay here for the next 35 years.
- I hope to live another 35 years.
- The hair on my head grows at an almost freakish rate.
- I made a living (barely) for several years traveling around the world playing guitar in punk rock and Reggae bands.
- I was a vegetarian for 25 years, then I ate a hamburger. The hamburger was really good, so I quit vegetarianism.
- I started a podcast for no reason, and continue to do it for no reason.
- I'm a better guitar player now than I was when I was getting paid to do it.
- When I stopped playing music professionally, I started writing words like the ones in the books on this site. I was not smart enough to plan that, it just happened.
- I used to have a beard and long dreadlocks and wore shorts every day. In retrospect, I looked really stupid. And frankly, I'm a little disappointed that you didn't take me aside and let me know.
- I once walked into Libya from neighboring Tunisia. No one tried to kill me, but it was a long time ago.
- I have two dozen rolls of exposed, unprocessed 6x6 cm format film from my Holga cameras in a drawer.
- I have two artificial teeth embedded in holes in my skull with titanium screws. Yay science!
- I believe I may have become obsolete when I wasn't looking.
- Sometimes I choke on my own saliva, like a baby that's just learning how swallowing works.
- I know all the words to every song. With the exception of the 504,734,889,001 songs that have been recorded since about 1979 or 1980.